Saturday, March 03, 2007

Beauty is in the Eye


On the discussion of beauty, Just Chuck and Lady Prisspott bored some of their good friends with an endless and painful diatribe.

Boiled down for blog visitors:

LP says: there must be things that are considered beautiful in all cultures.

Chuck reply: Are there? I don't think so.

Blah blah blah blah ....nature
Blah blah blah blah ....nurture
Blah blah blah blah ....jab at Chuck's hair

The whole conversation stems from:
LP likes P. Cruz's Oscars dress and Just-Chuck doesn't AND because the majority of people (interested) agree with LP, LP must be more right.

LP feels: a majority attraction must point to a universality.
Just Chuck says: No. It merely points to a majority.

I'd like to put it to a test, but all a response would show is that a portion likes this and a portion likes that.

But on a whim, for the pitifully few people who actually visit my blog:
what do you think of this blonde's dress and jacket ensemble?

Please, no comments about the blonde.

5 comments:

sister chaos said...

Reminds me of Miss Yvonne from Pee Wee's Playhouse.

And what does *that* say about me?? lol

Just-Chuck said...

It says that you are a 'lady' with eclectic interests.

sister chaos said...

I'm not sure about the "lady" part, but eclectic is a nice way of putting it. :o)

Anonymous said...

Dress is fine, jacket is hideous. But I don't like the styling or the
detail, the color doesn't bother me. Navy and pink is an old fashioned
color combo that I think is okay, doesn't clash, just not crazy about
it.

Kisses,

T!

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you or the gown's "creator" will take it- (nor do I care how she takes it!) but I pulled that "gown" out of the trash and put it on a dummy of Glynda the Good Witch, which we dropped from the theater catwalk during our recent production of Wizaard of Oz, because our budget was too cheap to fly the living "Gaylynda" down safely. It didn't look any better on the dummy, so, its not your fault you look "homely"....Merry Prissmas