Thursday, August 23, 2007

Week One at Shepherd

Wow, I was so freaking overwhelmed.

Now I'm simply overwhelmed.

LOTS to read. Lots to write. And they're throwing me head first into the tutoring pool. (Which reminds me of the cartoon of the dog sticking his head out of the car window, bragging to another dog, "I'm going to the vet to be tutored.")

Oh! And get this...some scrawny little 20-something remarked that she felt so OLD compared to the other students.

And...and!...AND!...this other KID (I know I'll need to stop ranting about this soon) spoke with all his worldly wisdom on something about which he's COMPLETELY IGNORANT!

And this other person WON'T... STOP... TALKING TO ME! I'll call them "Sunny." Just as a homophone for someone else who provided me with inane chatter.



Notes, essays, reaction papers and annotated bibliographies...that's what Blue (above) has crinkled on his way to catnap land...and what I still have to do.

I don't know HOW I ever got through any of my prior education without reading "The Catcher in the Rye." I still wish I'd been able to dodge that bullet, but it is the 1st of 15 books I need to read for ONE FREAKING CLASS!

Wow. 214 pages of privileged, aimless teen angst wrapped up in one lousy weekend.

WHY was this required reading for so many of you - and how did you get through it?

Okay, paper number four of the day....let's go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"WHY was this required reading for so many of you - and how did you get through it?"

There is only one answer to that:
Bluto: [thrusting six-pack into Flounder's hands] My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077975/quotes

--KY